This massage is ideal for:
- Injuries (healing and prevention)
- Deep seated tension
- Relief for a specific concern
Remedial massage can also effectively complement conventional treatment for depression, stress, cancer, and more.
What it can help with
Remedial massage can bring relief to you if you have tight or painful muscles in specific areas of your body.
Tight muscles restrict blood flow and leads to a build-up of toxins, affects how well you can move, and can lead to pain and discomfort.
We work on the deep layers of your muscle and connective tissues to help:
- Increase the blood flow to your tissues
- Break down scar tissue
- Reduce pain
- Increase your range of movement and flexibility
- Encourage lymphatic drainage of swelling and waste products.
Remedial massage is effective for both recent pain or injuries, for long term, chronic conditions - and is great as a regular preventative treatment.
Evidence based research
Massage has been found effective with many ailments. For example, evidence based research on massage and low back pain has found that exercises and education from a qualified massage therapist can improve symptoms and help you function better.
Certain muscles are frequent cause of lower back pain - we will assess and treat these muscles using suitable techniques. It can be used as part of a multi-disciplinary approach to non-specific lower back pain, and as a standalone therapy for specific concerns.
What you may feel after a session
It’s different for every person, though it’s common to feel any combination of:
- Relief from muscle pain
- Reduced headaches
- Less joint pain
- Better circulation
- Tenderness in the areas you’ve been massaged
- More peaceful sleep
We use a range of remedial massage techniques applied to your comfort level and tailored to your situation. Techniques may include:
- Trigger point therapy
- Direct and indirect myofascial techniques (‘fascia’ means connective tissue)
- Efferage (skim, light touch before deeper tissue work)
- Palpations (using touch and feeling to assess your muscles)
- Deep tissue massage
- Dry needling
Trigger Point Therapy
Trigger point massage therapy is specifically designed to alleviate the source of the pain through cycles of isolated pressure and release. The results and benefits of trigger point massage are releasing constricted areas in the muscles thus alleviating pain.
Receiving massage with trigger point therapy on a regular basis can help naturally manage pain and stress from chronic injuries.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Check out our FAQs for answers to the most common question about our remedial massage service.
Remedial Massage Service
- Relief from muscle pain and tightness
- Personal assessment and tailored treatments
- Qualified and knowledgeable remedial massage therapist
- Professional and results-focussed massage
Ive always had shoulder and back pain due to hard laborious work, I went and saw Glenn and in a few session not only had he figured out what was the cause but the pain and tension had lessened with every session after. - Steve. Tarneit